Back in the day, people harvested victory gardens to supplement their food needs and those of their neighbors. It was in deed a time where the community came together for the greater good. We are so proud to announce the groundbreaking ceremony of the Victory Garden at Faith Christian Fellowship on March 23rd was well attended and everyone celebrated this momentous occasion.
The Victory Garden is designed to strengthen the local community by providing fresh produce as well as education in nutrition, environmental sustainability and training in micro-enterprise. The produce grown in the Victory Garden will primarily be used thru the Lake Cares Food Pantry's distribution channels throughout their 5 Lake County locations. A small portion of the produce will be sold at the YMCA market and other selected retail locations to help the Victory Garden project be self-sustainable for years to come.
The Victory Garden has a variety of donor levels for interested individuals, organizations and corporations to help support the efforts of "Sowing Seeds of Change" to help end hunger in Lake County. Composter $1-$999, Tiller $1,000 - $4,999, Planter $5,000 - $9,999, Cultivator $10,000 - $14,999 and Harvester $15,000+. Donations can be made here
There are also many other ways to give, consider volunteering or to host a local fundraising event. Each person's contribution helps with Victory over Hunger!
Thank you to all who attended the groundbreaking ceremony, we can't wait to share this on-going experience with you!
- Community Comes Together to Celebrate Community Comes Together to Celebrate
- Pastor Buddy with Community Officials Pastor Buddy with Community Officials
- Sowing Seeds of Change Sowing Seeds of Change
- Adding Organic Compost! Adding Organic Compost!
- Pastor Buddy tells all about the Garden Pastor Buddy tells all about the Garden
- Produce will help many in Lake County Produce will help many in Lake County